CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ending with a Boom/ Beginning with Slow Food

It was the last regular day of 121 for my classes today. We ended on a great note, especially in my 10 am class. They were so intensely interested and interactive, it was tremendous. We laughed and joked and learned. I was totally delighted by the experience and I hope some of them will end up in my 214 class. 


In my own work, I've been pleasantly surprised to find that very little has been done addressing food and ecocriticism. In my brief preliminary search I found only a few links. One of the most interesting was a Call For Papers that I wish I'd found sooner.  Even this however does not make the link between food, ecocriticism and fiction. It seems much more interested in the literature of slow food or locavore movements. 

I am eager to really begin the paper, hopefully my enthusiasm will last. 

I also need to find a copy of "Loving Ourselves Best of All". A brief glance at this article has me pretty excited.

4 comments:

Hip Mama Mae said...

whats wrong with your self esteem? sounds like a pych. class.

Julie said...

self esteem? Huh? I am confused? Do you mean Loving ourselves Best of all? That's an essay about how ecocritics although they claim to lov nature really love humanity most... i don't think the two are really seperate.

Hip Mama Mae said...

the book isaw was called loving ourselves.the gay and lesbian guide to self esteem dr. kimeron hardin.

Hip Mama Mae said...

annie wants to know why she cant write on here?