CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ecocritic Meets the VP Nominee

Although I have been frankly anti-political since the Bush fiasco began, this upcoming presidential election is starting to get my attention. Initially, when it started to look like Obama and McCain might be the front runners, I felt both pleased and apathetic. I've always thought of McCain as a somewhat moderate Republican. This simply means that his name does not inspire me to do anything reactive...like scream. In that light he seemed like an acceptable possibility if the more desirable outcome of a Democratic (or more Ideally Green president) could not be achieved. I hadn't looked much into his policies because I already knew that he is anti-Gay marriage and thus I am anti-McCain. 


Recent nominations for VP however have prodded me into action. 

My first stopping place for information was Leauge of Conservation Voters since environmental policies are really my major concern. While it was no surprise that McCain has a worse environmental voting record than Obama I was shocked by how wide the margin was (I was also shocked by how often McCain fails to do his job). I was also pleased to see that Biden ranks reasonably high (though certainly not as high as I'd like ideally).  

LCV couldn't help me however when it comes to the Republican VP nominee.  For info on Sarah Palin I had to hunt through some news clippings. Googling her name and environment turns up some things. Such as "4 Things Sarah Palin Believes About the Environment" and "Palin Not Convinced on Global Warming".

Ok...ok...

Obama for president (despite the fact that I was recently warned that he intends to raise taxes for those making over 250,000 per year**gasp** as if that would ever effect me or apx 90% of Americans).

5 comments:

Bird Wicks said...

How distressing is it that Palin isn't even a part of Congress?! She's never been part of the federal government at all! AHHHH. If they win, I'm leaving.

hobbit said...

like....hello..a politician who says one thing and does another...where do i sign up to vote. that page on her 4 opinions regarding the environment really sealed the bag for me..oh and did u say she was on the republican ticket???

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the GOP has a good

team. You know they have my vote &

I'm Indepedent.

Pa

Anonymous said...

THE GAMES PEOPLE PLAY,all done to get hillarys people. im sick of all of them. he made sure she was
good looking, so the men would be ok with a woman.I'll stick to my dogs, people suck.

yo mama

Unknown said...

Nice and beautiful article that is important for us.
dog waste bags