CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Morning with Georges Bataille

Today I got started on my Ciceronian project for Betjemann's class.


Since we were invited to make this a visual project I thought I would take the opportunity to paint something. Back in the day, 2000-2003, I was in love with abstract art. I painted for hours on end in my parent's garage smoking clove after clove in the wee hours of the morn. Lacking a garage this project is a bit less "animated" but is still coming out well. 

I have so many other things to work on, but spending Saturday morning rendering my understanding of Georges Bataille's "The Solar Anus" in cheap acrylics is delightful.

in parting...a little Andre Masson pour inspiration


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOT THAT SOLAR ANUS DEEP SHIT.GOOD TITLE FOR IT.

Anonymous said...

Its me again,we look at the world and most of us keep it simple.i always would say i would love to get into julies head this mans parents must of felt the same way.it realy takes you to a another world.its deep but i keep reading over an over.

Miss Marjie said...

I haven't started my plotting of the "twists and turns" of argument yet. And it's Sunday. I wish I were a more visual person. I hope you'll show us your translation of the Ciceronian Discourse into painting when you're done. :)

Anonymous said...

i just looked up georges bataille no wonder his writings ar so out there his childhood was insane.