CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Gulf

As if Kate Chopin hadn't done a considerable amount to bring New Orleans to my mind, news of the oil spill has focused my attentions firmly on the delta. This class is mentally exhausting me. I've read another three articles relating to Kate Chopin and nature. Each one seems to be written from a different theoretical perspective. This seems to be a result of the novel's popularity. While it is exciting to work on a novel that has been so widely considered it is also daunting. With so many voices in the conversation I am beginning to feel bewildered. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats so furiating....as if new orleans hadnt experianced enough....and for naught. How exactly does this exactly fit in with your class

me ann my camera said...

You have me curious about Kate Chopin and nature; I shall have to check it out. The photo in the right column is definitely dated; sepia and furs, but full of stylish grace from the period that it represents.

Your studies sound so very interesting. Thank you for your visit to my blog.