CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Eyes on the Prize!


I am so excited about the election. Having had Bush in office for the past eight years I've felt pretty down about America and our politics. Now for the first time since the great robbery of 2000 I'm excited about the election and hopeful about the future. Naive? Perhaps, but I am still feeling good.


Looking at the images of black voters and young voters taking to the polls I am filled with pride. Could it be that the American ideal of equality is coming an inch closer to fruition?


Beware of all the lies and hype... whatever your opinion vote.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

man that lady was great,its unreal the tricks they play.well anyway it was a family vote the three of us went early before the polls open. someone asked me who i voted for, i told her the brother .she just looked at me.

Julie said...

Brother Obama all the way!

Anonymous said...

Hope can be seen as naive, but I think it's the true, well thought idea that we deserve a better future. It's beautiful that finally a candidate (since McGovern in '72) can finally inspire us to cast aside our cinisism. Yay for you and all the voter's who took the stand, ignored the hype, and cast their vote for a great democratic candidate. I personally am so excited to be a part of history knowing I cast my vote for Obama.

Laura said...

I know exactly what you mean. I just feel a big smile inside -- ooh, now doesn't that sound sappy (oh well) -- when I think of Obama winning. It's a very powerful moment.

Julie said...

I know I'm not black, but my whole life I've linked myself in the same camp as non-white folk. I feel as though their struggles are my struggles, and a victory for a black man in this country would make me finally feel some pride in this nation, some hope that we can be a place that genuinely promotes freedom and equality.