CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

O Tomorrow...

Tomorrow I have a test in Espanol, and my conferences start for paper two. It is rough. I don't really understand my Spanish that well with regards to verb conjugation, and I don't know why, but my students seem awfully confused lately, as though midterms sucked out their brains. My plan is to have them read their essays out loud to me while I take notes or ask questions about what I hear. We'll see how it goes.

In the joys of Sunday, my garden is doing well. We ate fresh strawberries this morning, and there are beans ripening. One sunflower has blossomed and many more are on their way. The peas have blossoms also. Oak leaves are crowding the lettuces, and it is a daily battle fending them off. Soon I'll be planting chard and kale. The herbs look great and the pansies too, some gladiolus soon to bloom. Sweet Oregon!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Having your students read their papers aloud to you is an excellent strategy. It works really well in the writing center. I've tried it some during my conferences. The only issue for conferencing is the time it takes.

Good luck on your Spanish verbs. And your conferencing.

Anonymous said...

chard and kale? when did you start eating that? oh sure your gonna make good soup,no soup for me,you soup nazi.

Anonymous said...

chard and kale? when did you start eating that? oh sure your gonna make good soup,no soup for me,you soup nazi.