CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

One Down



Today I went to PDX and took the English Literature Subject GRE. I was much dismayed to see that almost all of the questions were British Lit pre-1800... egh. This of course is a section of lit that I know almost nothing about. I answered what I could and left some blank since blank spaces don't really count against you. It was three hours of testing that I would have been happier without, and 150 bucks I would rather have spent on --well on just about anything-- but sadly the Subject GRE is needed by most of the schools I'm looking at.


I registered for the test before I decided not to apply immediately for the Ph.D. Since then, I've decided to put off applying to Ph.D. programs in hopes that the bridge position might be available and attainable. If that falls through I figure there's plenty of other things I could do for a year while I'm waiting to see who wants me as a Ph.D. candidate.

In other news I need to get cracking on my thesis... egh. I bought some Eco and more Wharton at Powells today, but really I need to stop reading, and start writing.


4 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh, no fun -- subject test GRE. But at least you got a trip to Powell's out of the deal.

C. H. said...

I took the test today too and was really surprised by the differences in different concentrations. I took two sample tests and there were NOTHING like this test. I felt like all the studying I did was completely misdirected. Based on how I did on the practices tests, I felt great going in and walked out with brain on the floor. What the hell was that? I thought these tests were supposed to be consistent?

Julie said...

Yeh Christopher, I hear that. This test was not at all what I expected.

Anonymous said...

what will be will be.get that masters.one thing at a time.