CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In Light of This

Some of my conferences are frankly depressing. I know that I've done my best as far as instructing these students but many of them are quite transparently trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Many have submitted frankly useless drafts which seem to have been put together in one night. There are few if any quotes, no citation and little organization. It is overwhelming because I am not sure what more I could do.

In light of this let's forget about 121 for a moment....

Here's a little floundering bit of semi-recent poetry


Yaquina Head

Sooth on sooth the sea
tosses and wears away the meanings

in an arching skyward cauldron
combusting ginkgo

A delta leaf vein tremulous
stilled in Holocene weed fields

Rosebay pointing up and up
spike on spike between clusters

Salal all finger-linked haunched
and sea air rounded in great hills


7 comments:

Bird Wicks said...

love the yaquina head poem :)

Anonymous said...

I've never read anything of yours...well besides this blog anyway :) It's lovely and interesting to hear your inner voice.

Anonymous said...

i wrote back earlier, it printed now its missing.that picture of the flower was beautiful,did you take that? your poem very from the heart.

Julie said...

I didn't take the pic of the flower, though I have photographed those flowers many times.

Anonymous said...

11 23 dont forget

Anonymous said...

conn.yes to gay mariage.:)

Anonymous said...

Veterans day was a good time to thank them for being able to live the life you, after they put their life on the line for you.Your there to teach,it's up to the student to learn.Like I always say you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.